This is a bit of a blog meme doing the rounds. I don't in any way think that you should HAVE to do anything, but these are things you could pick from to enrich your life. You could make your own hundred things you want to do or have done (or both) that is important to you. I may add a few more to the bottom:
1. Started my own blog- yes, several
2. Slept under the stars- many times.
3. Played in a band- yes, badly
4. Visited Hawaii-no
5. Watched a meteor shower- yes.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity- Yes, but also not given as much at other times.
7. Been to Disneyland/World- no
8. Climbed a mountain- yes
9. Held a praying mantis- yes and it was creepy.
10. Sung a solo- yes, and sounded like a goose farting in the fog.
11. Bungee jumped - and I never, ever, ever will
12. Visited Paris- Not yet
13. Watched lightning at sea- Yes, plenty of times.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch- yes, several
15. Adopted a child- no.
16. Had food poisoning- yes. Terrible when you don't know what end it's gonna come out of.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- No, but I've been past her on a boat.
18. Grown my own vegetables- yes
19. Seen the Mona Lisa- no.
20. Slept on an overnight train- Several times.
21. Had a pillow fight- yes
22. Hitchhiked- yes. Used to do it quite a bit in my youth. Never on my own, I had a large, male hitch buddy.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - who hasn't?
24. Built a snow fort- no, not enough snow when I was in the US.
25. Held a lamb- yes.
26. Gone skinny dipping- yes.
27. Run a Marathon- No way Jose.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice- nope
29. Seen a total eclipse- Yes, and several partial ones.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- yes
31. Hit a home run - no but I have hit a six in cricket.
32. Been on a cruise- Nope.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- not yet.
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors- yes, cos it's not far from here. Not the other side of the family though.
35. Visited an Amish community- no, I missed that on my trip. Next time.
36. Taught myself a new language- yes, Spanish.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied- I only ever wish for "enough".
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- no.
39. Gone rock climbing- yes
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David- no
41. Sung karaoke- only once when drunk. Hate karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt- no
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant- Yes
44. Visited Africa- no
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight- yes
46. Been transported in an ambulance- yes, when I slashed open my right arm on a louvre window at school.
47. Had my portrait painted- nope.
48. Gone deep sea fishing- no
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- no
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- no
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- Not sure my ears would let me.
52. Kissed in the rain- no.
53. Played in the mud- yes
54. Gone to a drive-in theater- yes
55. Been in a movie- Nope
56. Visited the Great Wall of China- no
57. Started a business- yes
58. Taken a martial arts class- no
59. Visited Russia- no
60. Served at a soup kitchen- yes
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies- no, but was a brownie and sold their biscuits.
62. Went Whale Watching- yes
63. Got flowers for no reason- only ones I've bought myself.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- yes
65. Gone sky diving- no
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp- no, but I will one day
67. Bounced a check- yes
68. Flown in a helicopter- no
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy- yes
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial- No.
71. Eaten caviar- yes - gross
72. Pieced a quilt- no
73. Stood in Times Square- yes
74. Toured the Everglades- not yet
75. Been fired from a job- never
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London- no
77. Broken a bone- yes, toe and nose
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle- yes
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- no
80. Published a book- not yet
81. Visited the Vatican- no
82. Bought a brand-new car- no
83. Walked in Jerusalem- no
84. Had my picture in the newspaper- Yes, for a few things.
85. Read the entire Bible- yes
86. Visited the White House- Seen it from the train
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- Yes
88. Had chickenpox- yes
89. Saved someone’s life- several times
90. Sat on a jury- no, but probably will before long.
91. Met someone famous- yes, several.
92. Joined a book club- yes
93. Lost a loved one- yes
94. Had a baby- not yet
95. Seen the Alamo in person- no
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake- no.
97. Been involved in a law suit- no
98. Owned a cell phone- many
99. Been stung by a bee- yes, a couple of times
100. Ridden an elephant- no
So there's my replies to the list someone else created. Here's a few others I have done and think would be great experiences others could do if they haven't already:
- Swam in Lake Mackenzie on Fraser Island
- Taken a boat tour of the San Francisco Bay
- Eaten echidna
- Had a job that you love and are passionate about.
- Started a community radio station.
- Laughed some beverage out your nose.
- Eaten a hot dog from the street vendor in New York City.
- Read a whole book (a proper novel, not a little one) in one single session.
- Bought yourself a bunch of roses, just because you wanted them.
- Had a white Christmas.
- Learned a new word every day for a whole year.
- Eaten frogs legs.
- Visited at least three other states/provinces in your country.
- Taken a tram in Melbourne.
- Had a champagne at the Sydney Opera House.
- Seen a quokka at Rottnest Island.
- Owned the entire catalogue of one author and one band/singer.
- Been to a movie marathon all night.
- Asked your grandparents, or elderly parents, or some other person over 70 about their life.
- Been completely obsessed about something that you've researched and kept notes on and collected.
I have lots more, but those are a few that just pop into my mind. What are things that you want to do, or have done and have been vastly enriched by, that you could put on a list of important things to do?