As my regular readers may have noticed, this blog has been plagued by a troll (possibly two, if the latter person is a real person, but I have my doubts).
- Do the posts this person makes stir up the community un-necessarily?
- Does this person hold double standards? (ie, accusing others of name calling but being name callers themselves, spouting their opinion loudly but not liking it when they are challenged or debated with etc)
- Does this person try to get other people "on their side"?
- Have a look at their account profile and others connected to them. Do they look fake, lack detail or depth, or seem to come from the same source?
- Take a look at spelling, punctuation and grammar. Trolls are more likely to have bad writing skills.
- Trolls are rarely rational. They contradict themselves, throw insults, swear, ridicule people, and generally create a bad atmosphere. Someone who is sharing a valid point is rational and balanced about it. Trolls are not. Trolls often end their posts with things like "HA! I told you so!" like small children would.
- And most of all, trolls disappear when the subject is positive, fun or happy. They like creating anger and misery.