Ok, everyone has been firing SO many things at me that I should do when I head to the States. So I'm going to work on a list. This is what I've got so far, in no particular order...
- Meet someone in St Louis (I'm an old movie buff!)
- See an Oprah show in Chicago
- See Amish country (Ohio?) and buy a quilt
- Take at least one Amtrak trip
- Experience a truly white Christmas
- Dress up in costume for Halloween
- Visit the Hershey's factory
- Visit the Ben and Jerry's factory in Vermont
- Ride a Harley Davidson in Wisconsin
- See the autumn colours
- The Titanic Museum in Branson Missouri
- Eat barbecue in at least three states.
- Hot springs in Colorado and ski (even on the daggy kids slopes!)
- Leave Kansas just so I can say "I'm not in Kansas anymore" (pick the Judy Garland movie thread happening here?)
- Go to Hell
- Eat in a real diner
- Go to Dollywood
- Ride a horse in Montana
And that's just for starters!! If you're reading this, PLEASE make some suggestions. Sometimes suggestions are perfect and you go "Why didn't I think of that??" Sometimes they trigger you to think of other things you'd like to do.