Christmas is almost here. Can you believe it? I am astonished when I realise that it has been a year since I was in America. This time last year I was in New York City, freezing my tail off but loving it. I was just about to go to Michigan to see my cysters Terri and Mandie and their families. It was possibly the most amazing time of my entire life.
So what has happened in my life over the past year? What have I learned about life and myself? Let me see:
- I can find friends anywhere in the world, simply by being myself.
- I really did miss the Big Canadian Dude more than words can say.
- Giving my heart to someone who is only attentive of me when he wants something is a complete waste of my beautiful heart.
- I really don't like corn syrup in my food.
- But I love KFC that is fried chicken with mashed potato, green beans and biscuits and gravy.
- America has bad coffee.
- Canada has great coffee.
- Canada has bad donuts
- America has GREAT donuts.
- Bullies will never win in the long run.
- So long as I always act with integrity, no-one can stop me from achieving my goals.
- I don't have to always be the reliable and responsible one. Sometimes I can just kick back and let other people do the work.
- A real man knows a woman's worth and is not afraid to acknowledge and appreciate it.
- Aussie chocolate really does taste better than the American stuff.
- I can learn anything I want to.
- I really want to travel more.
- I need to work less and play more.
I am sure I've learnt a LOT more than these things, but this is a good start.